We will gather information regarding your health, and discuss your needs. If you are comfortable, we will take x-rays and discuss your dental needs. It is critical that you provide our dental team with an updated health history including:
- Any prescription drugs you are taking
- Any medical conditions you are being treated for
- Any over the counter medications, remedies and vitamins you are taking.
- Any alternative or herbal supplements you are taking
- Also please inform the Dentist about factors like smoking or alcohol consumption, since these can influence the effectiveness ofsedation medications.
When you and your dentist decide on the method of sedation for your upcoming appointment, you will need to make some preparations:
- You may be presedated the night before your appointment to make sure you have a restful night.
- You may presedated the morning of the appointment as well.
- You should not eat or drink anything six hour prior to your dental appointment.
- Be prepared to take time off work following your appointment, for the remainder of the day.
- You will need someone to drive you to and from your appointment.
- You should need someone to drive you to and from your appointment.
- You should not drive or operate heavy machinery for 24 hours following your sedation. This can vary depending on the type of sedation.